Traffic Operation Management Enforcement and Control Office (TOMECO)
A department composed of competent,committed and hardworking personnel with the highest honor, high morale and motivation to provide quality service at all times to the general public through an efficient traffic management system making Tacloban safe and traffic friendly Urbanized City.
TOMECO is anchored on the enduring values of commitment and dedication to provide the best services on traffic direction, control and management to the general public through:
- Continuous dissemination of traffic information and education.
- Community support and cooperation
- Provision of an state-of-the-art traffic facilities
- Staffing of highly competent personnel
- Impartial and unconditional enforcement of traffic laws and regulations, to make Tacloban a SAFE, orderly city as the center of economic development in Eastern Visayas.
- To develop and recommend to the City Mayor and the Sangguniang Panlungsod an integrated program and policies on traffic management and control;
- To device feedback mechanism on the operational efficiency of traffic management;
- To inculcate the observance of traffic laws through formal education and tri-media information blitz;
- To provide assistance on traffic direction and control especially on major thoroughfares;
- To establish a systematic communication network to effect transport mobility in the administration of an efficient traffic management program; and;
- To enforce the provisions of the Comprehensive Traffic Management Code of the City of Tacloban and its amendments thereafter, and implement all existing City Ordinances and Regulations appertaining to traffic.