City Social Welfare and Development Office
”A city where the poor, vulnerable and disadvantage individuals, families and communities are empowered and improved quality of life.”
“To provide social protection and promotes the rights and welfare of the poor, vulnerable and the disadvantaged individual, family and community for poverty alleviation and empowerment through SWD policies, programs, projects and activities implemented through direct and activities implemented through direct service delivery, networking and partnership with different stakeholders and developmental partners.”
- Formulation and advocacy of just and response SWD legislative agenda, policies and plans, as well as ensuring their effective implementation;
- Identifications, development and marketing of technologies for building up social capital;
- Setting up and enforcement of SWD standards to protect the rights of the poor and the disadvantaged to quality services;
- Provision of technical assistance and resource augmentation to intermediaries in the implementation of SWD programs; and
- Provision of preventive, protective, rehabilitative and development programs and services.