- BFP Officials pays courtesy visit on Mayor Romualdez 18 February, 2019
- The City Civil Registrar’s Office (CCRO) targets to wed 50 couples for its upcoming Kasalang Bayan or Mass Wedding Event this February 28, 2019. 18 February, 2019
- City Gov’t hands in Php 3.8 M to Credit Surety Fund 18 February, 2019
- The City Government of Tacloban under the leadership of Mayor Cristina G. Romualdez was named for the second time as a finalist in the Highly Urbanized City Category of the Local Legislative Award 18 February, 2019
- LOOK: The Business Permits and Licenses Division (BPLD) have started releasing the MCH Plates and Fare Matrix to the 1st batch of MCH operators with permit numbers 1 to 600. MCH operators who are to claim their MCH Plates and Fare Matrix are advised to bring their 2019 MCH Permits. The Minimum Fare Rate of a motor cab ride in Tacloban is now pegged at 9.00 pesos, while the discounted rate is at 8.00 pesos. Photos by: 18 February, 2019
3 days ago
#TBT Ang Valentine's Day ay ang anibersaryo ng pagbukas ng Philippine Heart Center. Ito ang isa sa mga naging pamana ng Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos at Unang Ginang Imelda na libo-libong pasyente ang nagamot na. Happy Healthy Heart Day!
KALUSUGAN para sa bawat Pilipino, ito ang isa sa mga naging pangunahing prayoridad ng dating Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos sa kanyang panunungkulan.
Dahil dito nagpatayo siya ng mga modernong ospital para sa iba't-ibang uri ng karamdaman. Nariyan ang Philippine Heart Center, National Kidney and Transplant Institute, Lung Center, at Children's Medical Center. Pinarami din nya ang mga rural health centers sa buong bansa at nagtalaga ng mga health workers sa mga komunidad. Pinababa din niya ang presyo ng gamot at pinarami ang mga Pilipinong nakatatanggap ng libreng serbisyong medikal.
Dahil rito, nakamit ng bansa ang mas mahabang life expectancy at nabawasan ang bilang ng mga namamatay na sanggol sa panganganak.
Lahat ng ito, mula noon hanggang ngayon, ay patuloy na pinapakinabangan ng bawat Pilipino.
#MacoyNationBuilding ... See MoreSee Less
Tacloban City Gov’t steps up anti-trafficking efforts
TACLOBAN CITY - In an effort to step up its anti-trafficking in persons (ATIP) initiatives the Local Government Unit of Tacloban under Mayor Cristina G. Romualdez in partnership with International Non-Government Organization (INGO) Plan International launched on Thursday, February 14, 2019, the TIP Help Desk at the Tacloban New Bus Terminal in Abucay.
The help desk aims to create and establish a system of reporting, monitoring, investigating and responding of trafficking in persons (TIPs) cases.
City Social Welfare Officer Remedios Buna said that the initiative will help ensure effective and efficient coordination among different government agencies and other institutions in rescuing and providing protection to trafficked victim-survivors.
Prior to the launching, the Abucay Terminal Staff headed by its Manager Emmanuel Naval attended an orientation on ATIP laws and other child protection laws, presented by Rhoda Ercilla, Plan OIC Project Manager and Tacloban Women and Shelter Head, Carmela Bastes.
Human Trafficking is the violation of the Republic Act (RA) 9208 of 2003 as amended by RA 10364 or Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012. It is defined as an illegal act that is committed for the purpose of exploiting someone’s labor or services.
The City Government is making headway in its anti-trafficking initiatives. Last year, in coordination with other government agencies, the CSWDO rescued 31 victims of trafficking; of the number were 29 adults rescued from their abusive employer in Pangasinan and 2 minors saved from online sexual exploitation.
Meantime, the City Inter-Agency Committee on Anti-Trafficking (CIACAT) chaired by Mayor Romualdez composed of 35 government agencies meets quarterly.
Two help desks will also be launched at the Tacloban DZR Airport this March, which will be situated at the arrival and departure areas, and will be manned by police and CSWD personnel. –H.J. Roca/CIO
Photos: K. Napala/CIO ... See MoreSee Less
#AsItHappens: The City Government of Tacloban through Mayor Cristina G. Romualdez provided its employees with free medical services on Thursday, February 14 as part of the 8th Labs ko an Lawas Ko Anniversary.
"Labs Ko anLawas" ko is a healthy lifestyle program of the local government unit that encourages employees to engage in healthy activities. The event highlighted a Palarong Pangkalusugan and a Zumba Session at the City Hall Grounds.
Photos: Karl Napala/CIO ... See MoreSee Less