The Official Seal of Tacloban City is the symbol of her identity where its meaning is inscribed when it became a City under Republic Act 760 on June 20, 1952, and effected on June 12, 1953.
The City’s emblem stand for the following physical attributes and character:
Right Portion – Leyte side, where Tacloban City is located.
Left Portion – Symbolizes the province of Samar, major supplier of agricultural and marine products to the city, stabilizing its volume of business and trade.
Center – Stands for the beautiful and scenic San Juanico Strait.
Galleon – Illustrates the ship of Ferdinand Magellan who discovered the island of Limasawa where the first Christian mass was held in Philippine soils.